Film Will Expose Riot Agitators

The Department of Defense will seek to expose the work of Communists promoting riots through American youth organizations with a new film, Communist Target Youth. According to John C. Broger, Deputy Director of the Office of Armed Services Information and Education, the film, unlike its controversial predecessor Operation Abolltion, will be strictly factual.

"The basic purpose of the film," Broger said, "is to alert people in the military to the techniques the Communists are using to penetrate this country." The film will attempt to prove conclusively that leftist organizations are organizing riots in the U.S.

"Original, unedited scenes of the San Francisco riots instead of the HUAC films will be incorporated," Broger stated. The FBI has been helping the department compile the film.

In addition, footage from riots of 20 to 30 years ago will be included in the film, as well as scenes from the recent Japanese disturbances and the Venezualian demonstrations against former vice-President Nixon.

"Documented" Evidence To Be Used

Broger emphasized that the film would have no connection with Operation Abolition, noting that only "validated and documented" films will be used. He said "the Defense Department is being careful to stay away from anything that might tend to be propaganda."

The Department has been at work on the project since last August, selecting films and preparing a sound track. Broger observed that Communist Target Youth is aimed at the typical serviceman, but added "if there is a demand for the film, it may be cleared for public use."

If all goes as planned, the film will appear in two or three months.