Varsity Expect to

By C. BOYDEN Gray

Six returning letterman, bright newcomers, and a spring trip indicate a season for the golf team the disappointing 4-3 in the opener last

"We'll be better than last year," said Coach land. There is only one from last year's team, and end of the trip to Duke this year's first seven formed four strokes better position than last year's. once seems to be a limiting now; there are three sophomore and three juniors in the .

Leading the team in the one spot is Captain Fiske the only senior. Other in the lineup include Johnstone at three; John at four; and Dave Rudnick Warren had a 6-7 record poorer than his 11-4 sophomore formance. Weiland expects return to his winning form ever. He and sophomore at five were the only in the opening match against herst and Tufts last week.

Breaking into the lineup other very promising Bob Holton, who is now the two position, and now George who is at six. Neither player year, and inexperience may for the two losses each in the team's first match.

However, both have records. Duffy, for twice won the George Cup, the prize for the golf tournament held "Both of these boys have against some good the past," Weiland said, counting on some real them."

Johnstone had the on last year's varsity--7-4. playing at the number four In the three spot this stone won against Tufts, a heartbreaker to his when he missed putt on the Crimson's win over Tufts to Amherst left the 1-1 split.)

Prospects for year's 2-4 Ivy record The perennial Penn, and Princeton--have key players. And the should better its overall record of last year.

"I'm not expecting any said Weiland. "We're tough competition. But I can be in every match and we hope to win Weiland may well prove master of understatement