Varsity Will Face Engineer Nine

With a chance to move into contention for the Greater Boston League pennant, the varsity baseball team will meet M.I.T. at 3 p.m. today at Soldiers Field.

Coach Norm Shepard will start left-hander, Tom Boone, who pitched the full game in last week's victory against Boston University, Shepard has been having considerable trouble with his mound corps in recent games, though the team's hitting and fielding has been solid.

Boone pitched relief in several games before getting his first start against the Terriers and after his performance against B.U. he "figures heavily in our plans" according to Shepard.

A Crimson victory would give the squad a 3-1 record in the GBL, only a half-game behind Boston College, who will provide the opposition Thursday.

MIT No Pushover

But MIT will be no pushover. The Techmen beat Tufts and Northeastern last week, and have a number of fine pitchers on their roster.

The Crimson lineup will remain the same, which means the latest innovation of playing Mike Drummey at third base and Billy Rodgers in rightfield will continue. The pair started the season in the opposite positions. Dave Morse, Al Martin, and Phill Bernstein will join Drummey in the infield, and Dick Shima and Charlie Ravenel will remain in the outfield slots. Dick Diehl, still hitting over 300, will catch.