Tennis Varsity Will Face Strong Williams Squad; Lacrosse Team Seeks 10th Straight Win at Tufts

LACROSSE

The varsity lacrosse team should encounter no difficulty in extending its undefeated streak to ten games against Tufts this afternoon in Medford. Last year the varsity beat the Jumbos by 18 goals in a ridiculous mismatch on the Business School flats.

Last Saturday the Crimson overcame a slow start to defeat Pennsylvania 11-5, firmly planting itself at the top of the Ivy League. Next Saturday, the varsity invades Princeton for a contest that may be decisive in the Ivy League race.

Captain Tadhg Sweeny, senior Hal Louchheim, and advanced standing sophomore Joe Prahl will start today at midfield. The second midfield will feature Pete Sieglaff, Gil Bamford, and Dave Nyhan.

Defensively, Coach Bruce Munro will run Dave Grannis, Arnie Margoluis, and Henry Field. Field and Grannis will play outside, Margoluis on the crease. Gil Leaf, outstanding against Penn, will start in the Crimson nets.

At attack, the usual powerhouse of Woody Spruance, Dave Bohn, and Grady Watts will take the field. The trio that accounted for nine of the 11 tallies against Penn ought to be more than the Jumbos from Medford can handle.