Bohn, Watts and Sieglaff Make First Team in All-Ivy Lacrosse

By Peter A. Derow

First-place Princeton and second place Harvard dominated the balloting for the 1961 All-Ivy League Lacrosse squad.

The Crimson placed three men on the first team and one on the second unit. Attackmen Grady Watts and Dave Bohn, and midfielder Pete Sieglaff join four Tigers on the starting ten, while captain Tadhg Sweeney was named to the second midfield.

Bohn, New England and Ivy League scoring leader for the second consecutive year, was hampered by a leg injury during the latter part of the season, and his tremendous performance was thus all the more remarkable.

And anyone who has seen the deftness of Watts' stickhandling and play-making knows that the coaches couldn't have been more correct in choosing the brilliant attackman for the first All-Ivy unit. Watts had the highest number of assists not only in the league and New England, but the nation as well.

Watts and Bohn were known quantities at the beginning of the season and opponents were looking for them, often double-teaming one or both of them. But whenever the opposition put extra pressure on the attack, a block-busting scoring threat in the form of midfielder Pete Sieglaff capitalized on the miscalculation. Sieglaff, like Sweeney, paced his midfield whenever it saw action. In the scoring column he was second in New England behind Bohn.

Sweeney, playing the Yale game on a sprained ankle, never slowed down in leading an 18-12 Crimson victory.