Professors Sign Protest Of U.S. Policy in Cuba

The Cuba Protest Committee has collected over $1,500 and 26 faculty signature supporting an advertisement for Tuesday's New York Times criticizing U.S. policy toward Cuba. If the Committee meets its $3,000 goal it will insert half page advertisement instead of the quarter page now planned.

Among the statement's early signers were Professors Eric Bentley, Reuben A. , Albert J. Guerard, H. Stuart Hughes, and David Riesman '31.

"While all of us share dislike for Castro and would prefer to see a more democratic leader, it is not possible to achieve this aim through any kind of American intervention," explained Stephen A. , teaching fellow in Government.

The statement contradicts the Kennedy Administration's assumption that must be overthrown and that the question remaining is one of method. The American effort in this direction "seriously endangers the pursuit of our most vital interests in world affairs," the statement claims.

What Castro presents is not a military the statement declares, but the that "by subversion or example particular brand of social revolution all spread through Latin America. . . . requires a much greater effort than have yet made to demonstrate that social reform is compatible with democratic institutions."

Danger of U.S. Policy

By continuing to seek Castro's downed the United States would only intensive the terror in Cuba and strengthened-Americanism in Latin America as able, the statement asserts.

The Times advertisement will also inside the resolutions, passed at the Cuba Meeting of April 26, which U.S. not to aid the Cuban counter- to work for a diplomatic with the Castro regime in order it from the Communist bloc, to concentrate its effort on improved conditions elsewhere in Latin America.

Committee originally had planned the ad in this Sunday's issue of New York Times.

Danger of U.S. Policy

Danger of U.S. Policy

Danger of U.S. Policy

Danger of U.S. Policy