Prizes Awarded

Lawrence Nye Stevens II '62 has been awarded a first prize of $500 in the Percival Wood Clement Prize Essay competition, which was open to undergraduate men and women at 21 New England colleges. The contestants wrote on "The Electoral College and the Constitution."

*Stephen M. Sandy 4G has won the Harvard Monthly prize for literary excellence in an advanced English course.

*David M. Landon '61 has been awarded the Susan Anthony Potter Award in Comparative Literature for an essay on Rimbaud.

*Marianne Sharke '62 won the Potter prize in Spanish Literature for her thesis, "The Sense of Tragedy in La Vida Es Sueno." David Haberly '63 received the second prize.

*Jack T. Sanderson 3G will receive the David J. Robbins award for "cultural activities and recreation."

*Thomas A. Brown 4G has been named first-place winner of the Robert Fletcher Rogers award for the best paper presented before the Mathematical Club during the year. Second prize: John P. Labute 1G.

*Sidney R. Homan, Jr. 1G has won the Ruskin Prize for an essay entitled "Ruskin's Conception of High Art."

*Judith G. Kirshner '62 has received the John Osborne Sargent Award for the best metrical translation of a lyric poem of Horace.

*Reginald H. Green is the recipient of the David A. Wells Prize for his thesis on "The International Impact on Southeast Asian Economies."

*Steven Lipper '64 has won the Elizabeth Wilder Prize for the highest examination mark in elementary German in the middle of the freshman year.

*George D. Brown '61 has received the Tower and the Ecole Normale Fellowships for study abroad.