Creese to Speak Today

Walter L. Creese, professor of Architectural History at the University of Illinois since 1958, will speak this afternoon on "What Made the Modern City?" in Burr Hall B at 4 p.m.

A former city planner in Louisville, Ky., and author of Comprehensive Study of the Garden City, Creese was a participant in the recent Harvard-M.I.T. Conference on the City and History.

Dr. Viktor E. Frankl, professor of Psychiatry ad Neurology at the University of Vienna, and four eminent psychiatry experts from the area will discuss "The Public, Patient, and Psychiatrist" next Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. in the Loeb Drama Center. The Brattle Street Forum, televised for broadcast next Wednesday night, will be moderated by Thomas E. Crooks, Director of the Summer School.

Participating with Frankl will be Dr. Walter E. Barton, Superintendent of the Boston State Hospital, Massachusetts Department of Health; Dr. Hack R. Ewalt, professor of Psychiatry at the Medical School and Superintendent of the Massachusetts Mental Health Center (Boston Psychopathic Hospital); George Goethals lecturer on Social Relations at the University; and Dr. Harry C. Solomon,

International Seminar Forum

European economic integration and Algeria are on the agenda of the weekly International Forum Wednesday at 8 p.m. in Burr Hall A.

Antonio Marchini-Camis of the Legislative Service, EURATOM; Wouter Tims, of the Central Planning Bureau, The Hague; and Arne Bonde, Editor of Verdens Gang in Oslo, will discuss problems of the Common Market and related topics.

Miss Colette Cordebas, professor from Grenoble University in France, will then discuss "The War in Algeria." A reception follows the formal program.

Poetry Reading

William Alfred, professor of English at Harvard, will read from his revision of Hogan's Goat Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. in Lamont Forum Room. He will be introduced by his colleague, Robert O'Clair.