Crimson Booters Face Dartmouth

Enheartened by Saturday's 4-2 victory over Columbia, the Crimson booters will attempt to retain a precarious Ivy League lead today against Dartmouth at Hanover, N.H.

The Indians exhibited early-season strength when they trounced Penn 3-0, but fell in the league standings when they lost to a strong Brown team 2-0.

The Crimson oked out a 2-1 victory in last year's clash, with Center Chris Ohirl accounting for one goal and Sam Rodd the other.

Saturday's game against the Lion's exhibited a Crimson eleven which was far more balanced than it has been all season. For the first time in five games some player other than Ohiri tallied, as rightwing Ed Klufio and right-inside John Thorndike each scored one. Chris Ohiri put two more into the sets, bringing his season total to 10.

Last Game

Columbia scored first at 11:00 of the first period, when Lion center Donatus Anyanwu took a cross-pass and kicked it past suprised goalie Wally Whitney into the nets.

Ohiri evened the score in the middle of the second period as he broke up a scramble around the Lion goal with a short shot that trickled past Columbia goalie and captain Tim Krupa.

A third, quarter penalty kick accounted for Ohiri's other goal, and put the Crimson ahead 2-1.

Ed Klufio took a high kick from Fullback Lou Williams early in the final period, dribbled deftly past the Lion defense and converted easily for the third Crimson tally. Thorndike booted in the final goal in the last seconds of the game.

The New York victory kept the Crimson in a tie for the Ivy League lead with Yale, who with a 3-0 triumph over Cornell, has yet to lose in three games.