Harriers Expect Victory Against Dartmouth Today

Dartmouth's cross country team has defeated Harvard only twice in the last ten years. The Indian harriers will try to make it three when they face the Crimson tomorrow in Cambridge. Their chances are slim.

Harvard's undefeated cross country team views the meet with Dartmouth as a breather sandwiched between last Tuesday's "squeeker" victory against the University of Massachusetts and the challenge against Princeton and Yale next week.

UMass came within a point of taking away Harvard's unbeaten status Tuesday, when the Crimson managed a 23-29 victory. The home team owed its victory to the surprise second place finish of sophomore Bill Crain. Harrier captain Ed Hamlin and Ed Meehan, usually Harvard's best runners, were hampered by colds and could manage only fourth and third places respectively.

Undefeated Season?

Coach Bill McCurdy realized at the begining of the season that Crain had excellent potential, but his 25:28 time against Massachusetts indicates that he has developed more quickly than expected. If Hamlin and Meehan return to top physical condition, and Crain continues to run as he did Tuesday, the Crimson's chances of victories over Yale and Princeton and an undefeated season will be good.

The harriers showing to date has been puzzling. At the beginning of the season it appeared that this team would finish the year with a fair, but not exceptional record. With only two returning lettermen, the team seemed too inexperienced to defeat either Brown or Cornell. Yet the Crimson eased by both of those schools.