Sales Go Up

NEWS BRIEFS

A major increase in the number of shows handled by the Harvard ticket agency has substantially boosted its sales volume this year.

The ticket agency, a PBH committee, sold $1300 worth of tickets its first week. Total sales last year were $10,000. The agency is now offering members of the University tickets to all theaters in Boston and to all "road shows" movies with reserved seats).

Last year, the agency worked only with some of the Boston theaters, since many theaters were unwilling to work with a comparatively new student activity in what is traditionally considered a "hard business" area.

This year's chairman of the ticket committee. Allan J. Dyson '64, convinced all the Boston theaters to handle orders taken through the Harvard ticket agency.

Dyson pointed out that although the agency is unlike any of the other Phillips Brooks House activities, which involve working in depressed areas, it nevertheless is part of PBH as "service to the community," the general PBH criteria for any activity.

A non-profit activity, the ticket agency charges a nominal 25 cent service charge to all University students and personnel except members of PBH, who are not charged at all. Besides saving students the much higher rates of professional agencies, it also saves them the time and cost of travelling into Boston to procure tickets.