Mosbacher Donates Ivy Sailing Trophy

Bus Mosbacher, skipper of the successful America's Cup defender. Weatherly, has donated a perpetual trophy for the winner of the Ivy League sailing championship.

The first race in the new series will be held this weekend on the Charles River under the auspices of the Harvard Yachting Club. This first Ivy championship will be sailed in the fleet of inter-club dinghies which the Club acquired last spring.

Official Ivy League sanction and recognition for the new championship was obtained during the summer. The annual event will be held under the auspices of the New England and Middle Atlantic Intercollegiate Sailing Associations.

During his college days, Mosbacher sailed at Dartmouth and won the New England championship for his alma mater. The trophy will be officially named either the Dartmouth Bowl or the Ivy League Trophy, but will undoubtedly be known as the Mosbacher trophy.

The Crimson sailing team is a solid favorite to capture the historic first championship, after impressive wins over both Yale and Princeton last weekend on Lake Carnegie in New Jersey.