Hockey Team Tourney Favorite; Basketballers Face Tough Foes

Injuries Could Impair Harvard's Chances

Having already defeated two of the opponents in regular season play, the varsity hockey team will be a solid favorite to win the Boston Arena holiday tournament Dec. 26-28. However, injuries to key players could make the Crimson's task a more difficult one then more statistics would indicate.

Captain Tim Taylor is still suffering the effects of an automobile accident, and linemates Ike Ikauniks and Gome Kinasewich are both plagued by miner injuries. If any of these players are still ailing next week the Crimson could have its hands full.

Fortunately the high-scoring line of Bill Lamarche, Baldy Smith, and Barry Treadwell is intact. Lamarche scored both goals when the Crimson tied Army 2-2 Wednesday night.

Harvard opens the tournament Dec. 26 against Northeastern, a team it defeated 2-1 several weeks ago. The Huskies have posted a 2-5 record, however, and are improving all the time.

The next two nights the Crimson will take on Boston University, which it defeated 2-1 last week, and Colorado College. The western visitors have won all three of their games, and could be the surprise of the tournament.