Wrestling Squad to Enter Coast Guard Meet Today

Harvard's varsity grapplers will enter annual Coast Guard Invitation Tournament in New London, today to compete against some toughest wrestling in the East. Tournament will last two days.

Robert Pickett said, "We're way out of our league in this one." other Ivy colleges entering are Columbia. Among the seven competing are Army, high, Minnesota, and the Coast all known for their wrestling

described the Crimson squad strong and balanced. He that the team has little that any injuries would hopes for a successful

is relatively inexperienced. the nine Crimson starters at the are sophomores, and one of juniors, Fred Peirera, has not in intercollegiate competition freshman year.

17-9 victory over M.I.T. is this year's team will be stronger than the weak '61

Harvard finished fourth in the Coast Guard tournament, largely because of the efforts of captain Bob Kolodney who placed first in his 157-pound class. He will wrestle at the same weight today.

The only other wrestler with considerable varsity experience is junior Jim Gaffney, who will start in the 130-pound slot. Tom Gilmore and Mike Gray, both of whom pinned their opponents in the M.I.T. match Monday, are slated to start at 123 and 130 pounds, respectively.

John Daniels will wrestle in the 147-pound class. Peirera will start at 167, and Ben Brooks will grapple at 177. Rounding out Harvard's first string is sophomore Mike Hoffman, who compiled an outstanding record as a Yardling.