Princeton Varsity Will Challenge Squash Team in Crucial Match

Of the squash team's home contests this season, the match against Princeton, rescheduled for this afternoon at 1 p.m., will unquestionably be the best played, the most significant in terms of the national intercollegiate championship, and probably the most exciting as well. It is not to be missed.

The princetonians (and you all know what we think about them) boast eleven returning letterman, including Jimmy Zug who collected a win for the Tigers in straight games at number two last year. Now in the top position, Zug, a former National Juniors Champion, will meet the Crimson's Vic Niederhoffer, the present National Juniors Champion.

Rating the teams by comparative scores against mutual opponents is always fun, and has a slight predictive value as well. The Crimson comes off well from such a comparison: the teams' only significant common opponent has been Amherst, whom the Tigers defeated by only 6 to 3 on the Princeton home courts. The Crimson was able to pile up the same margin playing away at Amherst. On the other hand, the Princeton-Amherst match was early in the season, and neither team had, as the cognoscenti put it, "jelled."

Dough Walter has moved up to number three since the pre-exam matches, and will be playing there this afternoon behind Paul Sullivan at two. Roger Wiegand and Louis Williams will complete the first five.

Immediately after the match, these players will leave Cambridge for the National team championships to be played Saturday at Buffalo, N.Y.