Students to Start New Publication

A new Inter-American magazine written in Spanish and English by students throughout the hemisphere will be published beginning this may under the auspices of the Harvard Latin American Association.

To avoid any possible epithets of 'Yankee Imperialism', the editors will shy away from advertising as the prime source of revenue. Anticipated foundation grants should provide the bulk of the $2000 annual operating budget.

Because of the paucity of immediate funds, the first 35-page edition will probably be offset or mimeographed. Several articles, including an analysis of communism by a student at the University of Guatamala, have already been received.

Establishing a network of contacts throughout Latin American Universities is a problem that traveling Association members will cope with this summer.

There is, however, no doubt that the publication will begin permanent publication next fall. "We have full support of the Harvard faculty and through them contacts with professors throughout the Americas," Barry Lando '61, organizer of the project, stated. "Money will be no barrier; we'll get it even if our 15 editorial board members have to put it up themselves."