Club

By Bruce L. Paisner

Harvard Yachting Club will fleet of 15 interclub dinghies spring. The new boats, the owned by a University organ will permit a tremendous expan Harvard's sailing progam.

have already announced open membership to Radcliffe to students in the Graduate The boats will be available for a week of both intercollegiate and recreational sailing during .

to purchase the boats was The Friends of Harvard Sail alumni group of former Univer after almost three years . Carter G. Ford '63, cap the Crimson sailing team, led drive to obtain a fleet of its

fleet will operate from three house floats which will be to the wall of the Charies River the M.I.T. sailing . For the Club has leased boats but has never been able to more than nine hours of sailing

the Harvard Athletic Asso has been instrumental in making to berth the new boats, have said that the sailing will remain completely under management and direction and no continue as a minor sport University, and P.T. credits will for freshmen.

announced yesterday that the use the boats to sponsor the Ivy League Sailing Champ at the University next October. plans continued expansion of during the next few years.

of the boat was tested at head early this month and, ac to Michael S. Horn '63, Club director, "performs extremely competition." The boats have for safety, but this does their racing speed.

boats are being constructed by Day Corp. of Fall River. George '4S is a former captain of the sailing team.

Crimson sailing team ranked as intercollegiate squad in New last Fall and is top contend championship honors this Spring.