CRIMSON ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE

THE Civil War is finally over--at least at the Museum of Fine Arts.--Now Camille Pissarro holds the spot light alone in a print show the Museum insists on calling "an early touch of spring." Well, let the Museum wax rhapsodic--Pissarro is a pretty good man.

Lux Feininger's exhibit at the Busch is probably the most pleasant thing in Cambridge. Working primarily within the confines of the geometric schools, Feininger nevertheless manages to display a quite extensive diversity of style. His work ranges from tight geometric abstract designs to oils in which objects, Leger-like, resemble machine parts, and loose cubist watercolors reminiscent of Mr. Feininger's father, Lyonel.

Otherwise, things aren't very exciting. The Institute of Contemporary Art (Soldiers Field Road) opened its fourth Art Rental Gallery yesterday: if it's anything like the first, second, and third, only lovers of the most abstract need go.

At the Fogg, the Hanley Collection of French and American 19th and 20th century art continues and is well worth seeing. The Cambridge Art Association (18 Eliot St.) shows paintings by Mordecai. Mary Ogden Abbott's paintings grace Doll & Richards (140 Newbury St.).