Varsity Stickmen Face BLC Team

They will be slow and out of shape, but the Boston Lacrosse Club players will still be well worth watching when they take on the varsity lacrosse team at the Business School Field today. The Clubmen will have at least three former All-Americans going for them and should display some of the best stick handling to be seen at the University this season.

Taking advantage of their traditionally short-winded foe, the Crimson will try to run with the ball and set a fast game pace. Varsity conditioning and youth should be sufficient to beat the BLC, unless the Club's passing is good enough to play control ball. The contest is a must for the lacrosse fan who enjoys seeing good stick handling.

Since it is not a league match, coach Bruce Munro will use the game to experiment with new patterns for the stiff Ivy League schedule ahead. Although the University ten is now in first place with a 2-0 league record, the toughest teams (Princeton and Yale) remain to be played.

The Crimson seems to improve with each contest (32 goals in the last two games). A great deal of the credit for this improvement must go to Munro, whose coaching has turned a good stick team into a title contender.