Baseball Squad to Face M.I.T. Today

Harvard's varsity baseball squad goes down river to MIT this afternoon at 3 p.m. in quest of its tenth straight victory. The game will be the first of four the team must play before the week is out.

Paul Del Rossi (5-0) will probably be on the mound for the Crimson, pitching with only three days rest. Coach Norm Shepard feels that "we should beat them," but doesn't want to take any chances. Tech has caused the Crimson considerable trouble in the past, and if they can get some pitching today the game could be close.

Shepard will go once again with the same nine men who fattened their batting averages last week-end. Hot corner man Mike Drummey is still the team leader with an average of .363. Del Rossi stands second with .350 and second sacker Terry Bartolet has improved his stick mark to .340. Left fielder Curley Combs (.310) and first baseman Phil Bernstein (.327) made the biggest jumps, both gaining over 50 points during the weekend series.

Harvard pitchers have turned in nine consecutive complete games, and they will have to keep the string going if the team is to finish unscathed.