Amherst, Midshipmen Oppose Tennis Team

The tennis team travels to Amherst today to face a squad analyzed by Coach Jack Barnaby as "tough, though lacking in individual stars." He added that Amherst has depth and a home-court advantage, so "we can't count on anything." The fact that the team has to travel on the day of the match is another handicap. "We went to Dartmouth a day early and won," commented Barnaby. "The baseball team came up the day of the game and lost."

Even though the team "can't count on anything," it should bring home a victory. Amherst's record to date is not too impressive, and to help matters, the Crimson will have the services of Frank Ripley, absent from the Dartmouth match due to illness.

The team plays host to Navy tomorrow, another squad lacking in outstanding individuals, but the Midshipmen could cause trouble if the Crimson team is not in the right frame of mind.

Barring any catastrophes, though, two wins should be registered this weekend. The varsity heads toward its final clash of the season with Yale, a week from tomorrow.