Medical Alumni Will Meet in June

The legal, literary, military, and scientific aspects of medicine--along with a treatise of medical quackery--will be among the speech topics at the annual meeting of the Harvard Medical Alumni Association in Cambridge on Friday, June 1. Class Day ceremonies for the Medical School and the Harvard School of Dental Medicine will be held Saturday, June 2 at the Medical School.

Speakers at the Friday morning program, starting at 10 a.m., will include Dr. John Harold Talbett, '22, editor of The Journal of the American Medical Association; Dr. Hubert Winston Smith '41, chanceller of the Law-Science Academy of America, University of Tenas; and Dr. Frederick John Stare, chairman of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health, will speak on "Nuts Among the Derries."

A bullet luncheon in the quadrangle of the Harvard Medical School will precede the basic medical sciences symposium "On the Penetration of Biological Barriers" starting at 3:15 p.m.

Speakers include Dr. T. Hastings Wilson, associate professor of Physiology, who will discuss "Amine Acid Absorption by the Intestine:" Dr. Arthur K. Solomen, associate professor of Biophysics. "The Biophysics of Ion and Water Transport in the Kidney Tubule;" and Dr. Guide Majno, associate professor of Pathology, "The Mechanism of Vascular Leakage in Inflammation."

Class Day exercises for the Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine will open at 10.30 a.m., Saturday, June 2, in the Medical School Quadrangle. The presentation of awards to outstanding graduates will be followed by the Class Day Address by Dr. David D. Rutstein, head of the Department of Preventive Medicine at the Medical School.