Undergraduates Organize Support For Three Massachusetts Candidates

"Youth and students for McCormack for U.S. Senator" threw a kickoff dinner Tuesday night at the Commander Hotel to whip up enthusiasm for their organization and "receive the personal of the Attorney General himself"--Democrat Edward J. McCormack.

Among the leaders of the group is Harry F. Greene '63, president of the Young Democratic Club of Harvard and Redcliffe, which met criticism from national and regional young Democrats for his pre-primary endorsement Edward M. McCormack ever his opponent Edward M. Kennedy '54.

Last week in Dunster House a small group of students formed the Harvard students for Lodge in support of the candidacy of Republican George Cabot Lodge '50. The group, headed by Richard B. Olsen '63 of Dunster House, will organize campus movements, write letters to home-town party leaders, do research and staff work, and hold a rally at the state convention, June 16 in Worcester.

Students Bask Peabody

Meanwhile, undergraduates' backing Endicott Peabody '42 for the Democratic gubernatorial nomination have organized; William M. Cloberty '62 is president, m. Martin '63, a member of the group, is also leader of a state-wide Youth For Peabody Organization.

As yet no organized support among Harvard and Radciffe undergraduates has been inspired by two Senatorial candidates with Harvard connections--Democrat Kennedy and independent H. Stuart Hughes, professor of History.

Tocsin, a student group whose views generally coincide with those of Hughes and which has Hughes among its faculty advisors, decided about three weeks ago not to endorse any candidates for election in Massachusetts or elsewhere. According to a spokesman, Toosin, members "had illusions that their endorsement would make much difference and did not know where to draw the line" in supporting candidates whom some members faver.

Studetns Work for Candidates

From five to ten students, however, have currently been working in Hughes' Harvard Square for Hughes" organization is presently contemplated. No "Harvard Students for Hughes" organization is presently contemplated, but the candidate has offered to pay room and beard for students who will help to gather petition signatures a few days after spring exams.

Students Bask Peabody

Studetns Work for Candidates

Studetns Work for Candidates