Leningrad Physicist To Arrive Monday

At least one of the five Soviet professors expected to visit Harvard this spring under a faculty-exchange program is actually coming. No word has been heard from the University of Leningrad on the other four.

K. Y. Kondratiev, professor of atmospheric physics, will arrive Monday and stay at Dunster House during the weeks he will spend here. The State Department extended the visa of Kondratiev, who came to the United States to participate in an outer space research conference in Washington, D.C.

While at the University, Kondratiev (who speaks English) will talk to students and colleagues at Harvard's Blue Hill Observatory. He will later visit M.I.T. and the Air Force's Cambridge research center before going on to the Boulder, Colo., center for atmospheric research and Columbia University in New York City.

Kondratiev will probably be the only Leningrad professor to visit Harvard this year, Edward L. Pattullo, assistant dean of the Faculty, said yesterday. Pattullo said that Richard E. Pipes, associate professor of History, has written from Paris that he heard nothing about the exchange when he lectured at Leningrad in April.