Bouton Will Face Drysdale Third Game of Series

Game Time: 4 p.m. (EST)

Perhaps a bit surprised at their good fortune and already talking of a four me series, the Los Angeles Dodgers officially welcome the New York Yankees spacious Chaves Ravine today for the third game of the 1963 World Series.

"We've lost the first two games and won the series before," Ralph Houk said yesterday, but the fans in Yankee Stadium Thursday who watched the Los Angeles Dodgers glide to their second straight victory had much less confidence in Houk's ttered bombers. They jeered an announcement that tickets for the sixth and seventh games in the series were being sold at the Stadium.

Even after two unsettling defeats, in which Yankee power had been merely a tter of rhetoric and Yankee fielding had resembled that of the Bums of Flatbush their zaniest, the New York club remained confident of ultimate victory and tain of a win today.

Young Jim Bouton, who has admitted losing sleep over today's assignment, will ch for the defending champions against the Dodgers' Don Drysdale. Both men righthanded throwers, and both are unbeatable when their fast ball is alive.

Last year Drysdale almost succeeded in carrying the Dodgers to a National League championship without the help Sandy Koufax, but this season has oduced almost as many losses as wins the righthander. Bouton, who developed into a 21-7 starter this season, did even make a relief appearance in last year's series.

Although Houk has expressed a dere to "go with our best team," there s a question last night about the ailability of right fielder Roger Maris. Maris bruised his left arm when he ashed into the fence while chasing ommy Davis' triple in the third inning Thursday's game. Should Maris not be le to play, Houk will probably start ector Lopes.

The Dodgers, impressed with the ease their triumphs, were sure they would ke the series no matter whom the ankees used. They pointed to the fact at Ralph Terry was not completely fective Thursday as a reliever as another good reason to discount the Yankees this year.