Madame Nhu Will Address Forum Here

Also Schedules Talk At Cabot Hall Oct. 14

Madame Ngo Dinh Nhu, the attractive and controversial sister-in-law of South Vietnam's President Ngo Dinh Diem, will address the Harvard Law School Forum Oct. 14, David I. Faust, administrative vice-president of the Forum said last night.

After the speech Madame Nhu will answer questions posed by a panel of Harvard professors which has not yet been selected, and participate in a question and answer period.

Madame Nhu will probably be questioned closely on her country's domestic problems and the government attacks on Buddhist demonstrations and pagodas. Known for her criticism of the Buddhist leaders, Madame Nhu has frequently suggested that much of the Buddhist unrest is Communist inspired.

Cabot Talk

Before her talk at the Law Forum, Madame Nhu is scheduled to speak informally at Radcliffe's Cabot Hall in the first of this year's East House living room talks. The First Lady of Vietnam will be accompanied by her 17-year-old daughter, who is reportedly interested in schools in the United States.

Unofficial sources at the South Vietnamese embassy in Washington, informed of Madame Nhu's visit to Cambridge, said that they had "no knowledge of her plans, and furthermore we don't care."

Not Sympathetic

The embassy has not been generally sympathetic to the Diem government's policies toward the Buddhists. Madame Nhu's father, former ambassador to the United States, resigned last month in protest over his government's religious policies. At the time, he attacked his daughter for her part in formulating the policies.

Professor Kenneth V. Thiman, Master of East House, and the Law School Forum sent separate invitations to Madame Nhu through the embassy in Washington. Thiman explained that Madame Nhu's visit to Cabot was part of a program "to bring distinguished guests to East House."