House Harriers To Meet Today

More than 120 amateur Harvard harriers are expected to take part in the annual Inter-House cross country race at 4 p.m. today around Soldiers Field.

The favorite in today's race is Eliot House, led by Robert Fastov, a senior, David Conner, a junior, and Richard Horwitz, a sophomore. The Elephants are a perennial powerhouse in the cross country meet.

Eliot's chief competition should come been Winthrop House, which will be holding a number of varsity hockey players. The skaters have been training for general weeks, both in preparation for the and for the upcoming hockey season. Leading the Winthrop contingent will be Barry Trendwell and Lee Sergeant. Hockey players from other Houses are also expected to finish well.

According to the new scoring system to be used this year, points will be awarded for starting, finishing, and placing near the top. Conceivably, a House could win the entire race if it entered enough runners. As a result, participation in tomorrow's race will probably exceed the field of 128 which entered last year.