Crimson Soccer Squad, In Do-or-Die Situation, Duels Unbeaten Brown

The soccer team travels to Brown today to challenge the unbeaten, untied, and League-leading Bruins. The Crimson is looking for victory--a victory that would most likely give Harvard a tie for the Ivy crown.

If the Crimson does win, it will need a victory against Yale next week, to tie in the diadem competition.

But victory against Brown will not be easy-going. The Bruins have displaced well-balanced offensive and defensive play all season. Three weeks ago they defeated previously unbeaten and untied Princeton by a convincing 2-0 score. Last week the Crimson barely managed to beat the same Tiger team, 2-1, on a goal in the second overtime.

Coach Bruce Munro plans only one major change in his starting lineun for today's contest. Sophomore Nat Bowditch will take over in the goal for the Crimson. Although this will be the first starting assignment for Bowditch, the young goal tender played most of last week's game against Princeton.

Although the Crimson is in top mental shape, the team's physical condition leaves something to be desired. Terry Winslow, right fullback, is a doubtful starter with a sprained ankle. Chris Ohiri, the high-scoring wing, complained of a head-cold yesterday and may not be up to his top form today.

The absence of Dave Clapp, however, may be the most serious handicap to the Crimson tommorrow. Clapp, who subs for center half Chuck Okigwe and generally picks up team spirit, sustained a muscle injury Thursday and is a doubtful starter.

Despite these defects, the Crimson is hopeful of victory today. A victory, will allow them to tie for the Ivy crown, besides ending Brown's unbeaten record in the New England Soccer League. Unfortunately, Brown also wants a victory--a win would give them their first Ivy League title.