Crimson Quintet Meets Powerful B.U. Tonight

Harvard Faces Uphill Struggle

By Richard Andrews

The varsity basketball team will pursue its third straight win of the season against Boston University in the IAB tonight.

The Crimson decimated Bowdoin last week end, 34 to 60, and on Wednesday turned in a brilliant, inspired performance to catch Wesleyan at the wire, 79 to 76.

We're going to get clobbered tonight.

B.U. fans have been waiting a long time for a team like this year's. The Terriers have 6 ft. 3 in. Randy Cross, who set a sophomore scoring mark last year, averaging 18.2 points per game. They've got a premium playmaker in 5 ft. 6 in. Ken Lean, And if that's not enough, they have 6 ft. 9 in. Dick Moreshead, who pulled down an average of 15.4 rebounds per game last season--14th best in the nation.

Redmen Not Patsies

The Terriers lost their season opener to UMass, 82 to 70, so they're out for blood. The Redmen, by the way, aren't exactly patsies; the shortest man on their front line stands 6-6.

Coach Floyd Wilson will probably start Merle McClung, Barry Williams, Bob Inman, Al Bornheimer, and Leo Scully, and should also make frequent use of sophomores Keith Sedlacek and Bill Fegley in the guard slots.

The chances for a Harvard upset depend on two mighty big ifs. First, Merle McClung will have to stop Moreshead. McClung (6 ft. 5 in.) had trouble containing 6 ft. 6 in. Wesleyan center Winky Davenport, and will really have his hands full tonight.

And the Crimson will have to display more of the torrid shooting with which they beat Bowdoin and Weslayan. The team has connected for a phenomenal 49 per cent of its field goal attempts, but if this is an off night, trouble's a brewin'.