Sexton to Begin Poetry Readings In Lowell House

Post Anne Sexton will open the 1963 Lowell House readings with selections from her verse at 8 p.m. tonight in the Lowell Junior Common Room.

Miss Sexton, a member of the Radcliffe Institute, has contributed to The New Yorker, Harper's, Accent, Hudson Review, and Partisan Review and has published two volumes of her verse, To Bedlam and Part Way Bask and All My Pretty Ones. In 1959 she held the Robert Frost Fellowship at the Broad Loaf Writers' Conference.

Adrienne Rich to Road

The Lowell readings, which were inaugurated this year, will bring ten other writers to the House during the spring term. Adrienne Rich will read from her verse Feb. 26, and March 6, William Abrahams will read excerpts from his fourth novel, Children of Capricorn, recently published by Random House.

Anne Stevenson and Donald Junkins will read from their poetry March 13, and March 22 Paul Schmidt will conduct "An Evening with Arthur Rimbaud."

Tillie Olson, a recipient of an O'Henry Award and a member of the Radcliffe Institute, will read from her short stories March 27. Subsequent readings will be conducted by David Ferry, Sidney M. Goldfarb '64, Robert M. Dawson '64, and James Merrill.