Stickmen Wallop Jumbos, As Williams, Gunnoe Star

Scoring three goals in the first three minutes of play, the Crimson lacrosse team romped to a 16-4 triumph over an inept Tufts squad yesterday.

Rain had threatened all morning, but just before game time the sky cleared and the sun shone brightly. Responding to the change in weather, the varsity's offensive surge completely overpowered the Tufts' stickmen. Lou Williams led Harvard with five goals and one assist for the day, followed closely by Tink Gunnoe with one goal and six assists.

Coach Bruce Munro's stickmen didn't waste too much time getting started. Tink Le Roy grabbed the ball on the faceoff, fired a pass to Gunnoe, who shot it past the Tufts goalie at :09 of the first period.

Less than a minute later Dick Ames scored on a pass from Gunnoe, and a moment afterwards the varsity slipped still another goal past the Jumbo's net-minder. And so it went--five goals in the first quarter, four in the second, six in the third, and a final one in the fourth.

Only three of the Crimson goals were unassisted as the varsity finally began to work the ball around. The scoring today was heartening particularly because it was heartening particularly because it was distributed among ten players. Munro played his four midfields equally against the weak Tufts lacrossemen.

Munro was also able to use all four of his goalies. Ormond Hammond played the first half, making three saves and allowing all four Tufts goals. Jim Weir played the third quarter and made three saves. For the first ten minutes of the fourth quarter, Jim Leaf tended the nets, turning aside seven Jumbo shots, and Bunli Yang finished the game with three saves.