Roulon, Glueck Given Honorary Degrees

Two Harvard professors returned to their alma maters this spring to receive honoray awards.

Phillip J. Roulon professor of Education, received the University of Minnesota's Outstanding Achievement Award. Roulon, who received his doctorate from Minnesota, was honored for his "leadership in developing research and statistical techniques in education."

A member of the Harvard Faculty since 1930, Roulon served as acting dean of the Graduate School of Education from 1943 to 1948. He has worked as a consultant on research projects in many regions of the country.

Sheldon Glueck, Roscoe Pound Professor of Law and an alumnus of George Washington University, was honored by his alma mater with the degree of Doctor of Social Science. With his wife, Eleanor Touroff Glueck, he has studied the determination of factors which aid in the prediction and prevention of juvenile delinquency.

The Gluecks have written over 200 works, both technical and non-technical, in the fields of juvenile delinquency and criminology. Glueck has been professor of Law since 1925.