'Crimson' Phone Book Startles University; Celebrities Rave

They said it couldn't be done; they said it would never get done. But just before finishing his rounds Christmas Eve Santa Claus took pity on Harvard students and delivered hundreds of copies of the 1964 CRIMSON' Telephone Directory.

The books have been processed, approved for street sale by a Massachusetts judge who called it "prurient but not obscene," and are now available in dining balls for just $1.

Already world leaders have expressed their congratulations. In Rome Madame Nhu called the book "a dramatic coup." The editors of Confidential and Whisper asked for "enough copies for everyone on our staff." Barry Goldwater said "I have always had great admiration for the youth of America."

Dean Rusk described the book as a "great break-through" and Nikita Khruschev said it would have "a significant effect on the lives of all peace-loving peoples."

A fat 90 pages with a handsome multicolor cover, the book is crammed full of important facts, like a complete CRIMSON masthead, a Cambridge map, and your roommates' phone number.