Trackmen Face Dartmouth Today

Harvard's cross-country team probably won't even work up a sweat beating Dartmouth today. The Crimson is still without ailing John Ogden, but that's not likely to make any difference when the runners line up in Franklin Park at 3:30 p.m.

The Green team has won one and lost two so far this season, the most relevant decision being a 17-46 whopping by Brown. The Bruins beat Harvard by only one point in Providence two weeks ago.

Today, Dartmouth captain Lee Daneker is likely to be the only man between the Crimson and a perfect 15-point sweep. "Daneker's the only one who should give our top seven trouble," Crimson Coach Bill McCurdy admits.

Daneker ran second behind Ed Meehan when Harvard demolished the Big Green last year, but Walt Hewlett wasn't running in that one.

Walt will be out there today looking for his sixth straight victory, and nothing short of a ball and chain seems likely to stop him from getting it.

The other probable Crimson scorers are Captain Bill Crain, apparently recovered from a knee gash he suffered two weeks ago, Dave Allen, who finished second in both wins last week, and sophomores Jim Smith and Chuck Redman.

The freshman meet precedes the varsity contest at 3 p.m. and should stretch the Yardlings' win streak to four. the Yardlings beat Andover 15-50 Wednesday with Jim Baker winning his third meet in a row.