Five Will Enter Holiday Tourney

If you're in the vicinity of Rochester, N.Y., over vacation, you can drop by the Palestra and watch the Harvard basketball team play in the Kodak College Classic, Dec. 28 and 29.

It's a four-team tournament, and no team is an obvious favorite. Navy, Rochester, and Fordham will make up the Crimson's competition.

Navy would finish around the middle of the Ivy League; the Middles have lost to Princeton (supposedly the League's best team) by 10 points, and to Penn (supposedly the second-best) by four.

The Middles have a little height in 6 ft., 6 in. scoring star Chris Reddington. They have seven lettermen (including one named Bill Radcliffe) who plays a slow, low-scoring kind of game.

Fordham looks a bit weaker than Navy. The Rams lost to Yale, which is supposed to have a pretty weak team this year, though they rallied to best Columbia 85-80 in an overtime game. Their front line of Leon Zandy, Joe Frangipane, and John Stevens, averages 6 ft., 6 in.

The mystery element in the tournament is the host team, Rochester University. Rochester had a 13-3 record last year and has almost the entire team back--eight lettermen. But their competition wasn't too kood. Last Saturday they won by 12 points over the same Amherst team that Harvard best by 26; that indicates that Rochester may be a cut below the other teams in the tourney.

Harvard skipped a vacation tournament last year, but they'll need one this time around. The Ivy League season starts on the first weekend after vacation, and the Crimson can't afford to be rusty when they face Cornell and Columbia.