Fencing Team Faces Weaker M.I.T. Squad

Harvard's fencing team goes after its fifth victory of the season tonight in a match at M.I.T.

Paced by the strongest foil contingent in years, this season's fencing squad is beginning to look one of the strongest in the East. The Crimson has registered wins over Holy Cross (twice), Brandeis, and Bradford-Durfee, and took a 13-11 lead into the last three matches against the deminstrators was unanifore losing, 14-13.

Last year's team beat M.I.T. twice, 16-11 and 15-12, and there's no reason to think that this year's Engineer squad can improve much on that. Coach Edo Marion, who has let his second stringers see a lot of action this year, will probably treat the meet primarily as a warm up for Saturday's match with a strong C.C.N.Y. team.

Only in the epee has Harvard shown signs of weakness. The Crimson has not won a majority of its nine epee bouts this year, except for the second Holy Cross meet, and in the score was 5-4.

The sabre group, though, should be as good as any in the East, with Dave Dooley, Tom Musliner, and Rich Kolombatovich giving Harvard three strong men in the event.