NOTES FROM THE OUTSIDE

Fight for Art

In response to a decision by the Utah Board of Regents to take down a controversial art exhibit in the student union, including several nude painting students at the University of Utah have staged two demonstrations.

More than 500 students were involved in peaceful "Marches for Academic Freedom."

"It's our nursery, but mother keeps it clean," said one student. Another student, mounting the steps of the administration building, quoted Harvard Philosopher Geodfrey Olive, saying, "The greatest enemy of morality is not passion but insensitivity, not licentiousness but self-deception. By this standard the decision of the Regents is essentially immoral."

Dean Gets Pres Ousted

Paul Gomberg served as president of the Women's Student Government at the University of Pennsylvania for barely on day last month, a rapid and slightly confusing series of events yanking her out of office as dramatically as she had entered.

She ran on a strong anti-administration platform, favoring coeducational government, the abolition of senior curfews, and student independence. And on Feb. 5 she was enthusiastically elected by a 3 to 1 majority.

Just before her election the Daily Pennsylvanian reported enigmatically that the Committee on Student Affairs had voted to "abolish the curfew for Senior women, in principle."

And on the night after her election Miss Gomberg and two friends were caught leaving their dormitory at 2 a.m. All three were put on social probation, and restricted to their dorms after 9 p.m. for the rest of