Crimson Golf Squad Alters Lineup; Meets Holy Cross, Brandeis Today

Fresh from a disappointing 4-3 loss to Amherst last Friday, the golf team travels to Worcester today for a match with Holy Cross and Brandeis.

The only change in the team's lineup since the Amherst match is the replacement of Wayne Thornbrough in the number six position by senior letterman Bob Seelert, who was victorious last week. Thornbrough will move down to seventh.

Captain Stan Abrams, number two man, and Peter Tague, who shoots third, will be looking for their first victories of the season today. Both experienced golfers, they lost very close matches at Amherst. Jim Campen, number one and sophomore John Hawkins, the fourth man, hope to repeat their successful performances of last week.

Neither Brandeis nor Holy Cross has showed special promise, and in any case, today's encounter should prove less a challenge for the squad than Thursday's match against Tufts, which fielded an excellent team last year, or the duel with Boston College and Williams in Williamstown this Saturday.

Sophomore Mike Millis will continue in the number five position today, as John Olson holds down the reserve eighth slot. Forced by extremely limited funds to restrict the team to nine men, the squad continues to have five or six men competing for the last position.