Varsity Lacrossemen Win Seventh Consecutive Game

The varsity lacrosse team's offense had its best day of the season at Williams yesterday, while the defense had its worst, statistically. The offense won, 16-11.

Actually the defense held when it counted, during the first half while the Crimson rolled up an 8-3 lead. The second half was a wild-scoring one, but the game was never in danger.

The scoring star for Harvard was ambidextrous midfielder Tink Gunnoe, who scored two goals and added six assists. But Gunnoe had to share the laurels today with sophomore attackman Ted Leary, who pumped in four goals and three assists.

It was Leary who got Harvard off to a 1-0 lead when he took Gunnoe's pass to score after 23 seconds of the first period. The Ephmen tired it eight and a half minutes later, but then the roof fell in. Leary and Lou Williams scored quick goals, and Leary scored again to make it 4-1 as the first quarter ended.

Goals by Captain Pete Wood and Williams made it 6-1 before Williams scored again. The second half ended with a goal by Dick Ames. who went into the game as high scorer on the team, though he came out three points in back of Gunnoe.

Seven different players scored for Harvard in a second half highlighted by unassisted goals by Jan Bollinger and Mike Bassett.

Record Stands at 8-1

The win yesterday brought the Crimson's season record to 8-1; they have gone undefeated since an opening-game loss to Rutgers.

The team also holds a 2-0 record in Ivy League play; a crucial League game will take place Saturday when the squad travels to Providence to take on a Brown team that upset Yale in overtime last weekend.

Brown, Harvard, and Yale all are given some chance of taking the Ivy lacrosse crown from Princeton, where it has remained for the past eight years.