Wisconsin Gives Wallace Unexpectedly Large Vote

BULLETIN

Gov. George C. Wallace of Alabama, who said earlier today that he hoped to received 25,000 ballots, seemed likely to pick up 200,000 votes in Wisconsin's Presidential primary as the totals rolled in tonight.

With two thirds of the state's 3,522 precincts reporting, Wallace had 136,591 votes to 277,235 for Gov. John W. Reynolds, running as a favorite son with President Johnson's support.

Reynolds attributed Wallace's unexpectedly high total to Republicans voting in the Democratic primary in an attempt to embarrass Johnson. Voters do not register by party before the primary in Wisconsin.

Rights Demonstrator Dies in Accident

CLEVELAND, April 7--A young Presbyterian minister was crushed to death under the trends of a tractor today during a demonstration protesting construction of a new school opposed by integrationist groups.

The Rev. Bruce W. Klunder, 26, died when the tread of a front-end loader tractor crushed his chest and neck. The driver did not see him dive in front of the machine.

"He was dead when we picked him up," said Leo Sutton, a demonstrator who helped lift the body from the ground.

His death stunned a crowd of about 500, mostly Negroes, who had gathered at the site of a new public elementary school at Lakeview Road on the city's East Side. They were there to protest construction of the school in the Negro neighborhood on grounds it would perpetuate segregation instead of furthering classroom integration.

During the demonstration, more than 50 persons were hauled off by police, and demonstrators threw bricks, bottles and stones.

Belgian Doctors Threaten To End Emergency Services

BRUSSELS, Belgium, April 7--With hospitals jammed to overflowing, Belgium's 12,000 striking doctors and dentists threatened tonight to call off skeleton emergency services they have operated since their strike began seven days ago.

The medical men, protesting the coalition government's hospital program, demanded once more that the plan be dropped. Premier Theo Lefevre's government showed no signs of complying.

Hospitals were swarming with patients, and weary nurses struggled to keep up with the influx. The doctors refuse to make home calls to treat the ill.