Nigerians Found; Suit to Proceed

The mysterious case of the missing Nigerians has come to a tentatively happy ending.

Although the outcome of their $20,000 discrimination suit against Hayes-Bickford is still uncertain, chances are that the case can procede without further difficulty now that Uchenna Nwosu '64 and Femi Okuorounnu '63 have been located.

The two Harvard graduates, who failed to show up in court when their case against the Bick was heard last Monday, are currently graduate students in the Boston area, the CRIMSON learned yesterday.

No Contact

The Nigerians were acquitted of charges of trespassing and disturbing the peace in the Bick in 1964. While the discrimination suit which grew out of that incident was being prepared, Nwosu and Okuorounna moved several times. Their lawyer's letters never reached them, so the two did not know when their case was coming up. Nwosu, now a Boston University medical student was finally contacted in his Cambridge apartment yesterday.

Now contact has been restored and the 18-month-old case -- which arose when the students complained about a dirty tray in the Harvard Square cafeteria and were told by the manager, "You don't get such good things in your country" -- is near settlement.