Diamond Rejoins Team; Wrist Given Clearance

Steve Diamond, thought lost for the season with a broken bone in his wrist, has been given clearance to return to the football team after x-rays on Monday revealed that the bone wasn't broken after all.

The 211-pound tackle, one of the few dependable performers on the Crimson's spotty offensive line, injured his wrist late in the Dartmouth game and then sat out the Penn game the following week.

But he began working out again at the varsity's Tuesday night practice and is expected to play against Princeton. The Harvard running backs should be glad to see him; they've suffered in their last two games from a lack of effective blocking in the line.

Coach John Yovicsin is contemplating over more changes in the offensive line that played against Penn. he is now working four offensive ends with the first unit, with veterans Maury Dullea and Dan Calderwood as one pair and sophomores Carter Lord and Joe Cook as the other.

Calderwood and Dullea were the starting ends when the season began, but Yovicsin replaced them with Cook and Lord for Dartmouth. Now, after Lord dropped two passes in the fourth quarter against Penn. Yovicsin may be considering a move back to the slower, but more experienced end combination.