Wrestlers Meet Diplomats Today

If the wrestling team beats Franklin and Marshall today, look for a possible Ivy League championship. As a matter of fact, if the wrestling team, with two of its best performers sidelined, even comes close to the Diplomats, look for a pretty good season anyway.

The two injured wrestlers are two of the best: captain Tom Gilmore and Howie Durfee. Gilmore suffered a knee injury and Durfee a possible elbow fracture in last weekend's Coast Guard Tournament.

Mike Graae will start at 137 in Gilmore's place and Phil Emmi will be at 145 instead of Durfee. The rest of the line up will be the same as against M.I.T. with Howie Henjyoji at 123, Bing Sun at 130, Ed Franquemont at 152, Paul Padlak at 160, Chris Wickens at 167, Jeff Grant at 177 Bill Malugen at 191, and Tack Chace at heavyweight.

Franklin and Marshall has had only one match this year. They pulverized Columbia, one of the better Ivy League teams, 29 to 5. Saul Shimansky and Neil Thompson, at 130 and 137 respectively, both recorded pins for the Diplomats. Six of the Franklin and Marshall starters are sophomores.

The match begins at 3:30 p.m. in the IAB.