Penn Tops Five; Sixth Ivy Defeat

Harvard's basketball team suffered its fourth straight loss Saturday night when Stan Pawlak led Penn to an 82-64 win over the Crimson in Philadelphia.

Pawlak scored 33 points to keep the Quakers in contention for the Ivy League title. Harvard now has a disappointing 3-6 mark in the League.

The Crimson was never in contention. Penn grabbed a 7-1 lead early in the game, and led all the way. They had a 44-36 margin at halftime, and a hot shooting streak by Pawlak early in the second half put the Quakers out of reach.

Keith Sedlacek, second to Bill Bradley in the Ivy scoring race, was held to 11 points by the tough Penn defense. Gene Dressler was the Crimson's high scorer with 12 points; Barry Williams had 11, Leo Scully 10, and Merle McClung nine.

Al Bornheimer scored seven, and John Scott chipped in four more. Penn had three more players in double figures behind Pawlak, including their other star guard Jeff Neuman and their big center John Hellings.

In other Ivy League contests Saturday, Cornell defeated Brown 90-60 to remain unbeaten; Princeton bombed Dartmouth 103-64 to hold onto second place; and Yale edged Columbia 72-71.