3 Undefeated Teams Clash In Saturday's Track Meet

When you read this issue of the CRIMSON, Yale and Princeton will have undefeated track teams. When you read the next issue, they won't.

The indomitable Crimson runners, also unbeaten on the season, will destroy the Bulldog and Bengal squads in New Haven this afternoon and chalk up their fourth straight indoor Big Three title. Their inferior rivals have the individual stars to give scattered excitement to this afternoon's contest, but Bill McCurdy's charges have a balance unmatched anywhere else in the Ivy League.

Likely winners for the Crimson are captain Art Croasdale in the weight throw, Walt Hewlett in the two-mile, and Chris Pardee in the high jump.

Croasdale has been in the 60-foot vicinity in his last three meets, about two yards farther than his counterparts at Yale and Princeton. In the shot, Croasdale will go all out to beat his Eli nemesis Chuck Mercein, who has been registering throws of 54-ft-plus all season long.

Hewlett, undoubtedly the league's best two-miler, will get his stiffest challenge today from Princeton's Ritchie Geisel, who posted a 9:21.9 clocking in a losing effort against Fordham last week.

Pardee and Yale's Kim Hill will battle for first place in the high jump, but Pardee has the decided edge. Hill, the Eli captain, competes in the hurdles and broad jump as well, and has managed only 6 ft., 8 in. this winter.

Princeton's Larry O'Keeffe, with the league's best times in both the 600 (1:11.8) and the 1000 (2:13.2), is the best of the middle-distance runners. If he tries to run both today, Keith Chiappa or John Ogden may catch him in the 1000.

Aggrey Awori and Princeton Captain Todd Williams will battle for first in the dash, and Yale's Hill will give Awori strong competition in the hurdles and the broad jump, where he has managed 32 ft., 8 in.

Jim Smith, Yale's Rick Wilmer, and Princeton's Ross Odell should make the mile the day's closest race. Tigers Wayne Morse and Mike Mitchell should take first and second ahead of George Winters in the pole vault.