Crimson Netmen Cream Amherst

Harvard's varsity tennis team had to its lineup a bit Saturday because injuries, but the Crimson still managed pound Amherst, 9-0.

Dave Benjamin, recovering from an back, played his first match in several weeks. At number four instead his usual top position, Benjamin did have to press too hard to defeat Paul Diamond, 6-4, 6-2.

In the number one match, Clive Kileff little sign of a week ankle on way to a 7-5, 6-3 victory over Peter .

Chum Steele, Harvard's closest approximation of a big-game tennis player, in the most impressive performance of the day, drubbing Tom Poor, 6-2.

Captain Dean Peckham just barely held to win the only tense singles match the day. After dropping the first set Amherst's Chris Kaufman, 7-5, 8-6, 6-4.

Amherst Captain Puzzled

Harvard's bottom men were just too for Amherst. Terry Robinson toyed Alex Mickeljohn, 6-2, 6-1: Richie , filling in for silling Dick by, blitzed Amherst captain John 6-1, 6-1; and in the alternate match, Wilkinson downed William Glese, 6-3.

In the doubles, Benjamin and Kileff a scare before edging Poor and Kaufman, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4. Wilkinson and Brian overpowered Alacly and Diamond, 6-3. Harvard's rising sophomore of Dean Bauer and Dudley won easily in the number three match, 6-3.

Peckham and Steele, the number one Crimson duo, did not play because the was already decided after the .

It was the third straight shutout victory for Harvard since the team after the Southern trip.

Amherst Captain Puzzled

Amherst Captain Puzzled

Amherst Captain Puzzled

Amherst Captain Puzzled

Amherst Captain Puzzled