Robert Kennedy Speaks in Littauer At Dedication of Brother's Portrait

Senator Robert F. Kennedy '48 (D-N.Y.) last night dedicated a portrait of President John F. Kennedy '40 at a small half-hour ceremony in Littauer Auditorium.

Close friends and associate of the late President, as well as members of his college class, came from many areas of the country to pay their respects. There were a few speeches, people greeted each other over cocktails, and then they left.

Representing the Kennedy family, the Senator spoke fondly of the late President's closeness to Harvard. Forgetting the belligerence and harsh words of Bobby-the-politician, he was deeply and obviously moved; he talked of the spirit of public service his brother had come to represent with touching sincerity.

Kennedy praised the link between the Kennedy Memorial Library and Institute of Politics and the Graduate School of Public Administration as a meaningful memorial to the President's goals.

Robert Amory Jr. '36, chairman of the Overseers' Committee to Visit the School of Public Administration and an organizer of the alumni and faculty who purchased the portrait, made the official presentation to President Pusey. The portrait was copied by William F. Draper '35 for the original he did for the Spee Club and will hang in the third floor lounge of Littauer.