Lacrosse Team Bows to Cornell

A combination of sharp refereeing and copy play felled the Crimson lacrosse at Cornell Saturday, as the Big Red hoped to a 9-4 victory.

Harvard drew 17 penalties. The time Crimson served was the equivalent of with one man out for an entire . Cornell scored five of their nine while they had a one-man advantage.

The Crimson dominated the first period, goals by midfielders Denis Byrne and Van Oudenallen put the Crimson 2-0 after the first 5 minutes of play. Cornell goal at 14:00 made the score at the end of the first period.

Three Quick Goals

The Big Red moved ahead to stay in second period, scoring three goals in minute-and-a-half. Another Cornell tally the score 5-2 before attackman Hutchison scored the only Crimson in the period on a pass from Dick at 12:52.

Despite the sloppy second period, the Crimson was still in the game with the 53 at the opening of the second half. But the Big Red registered three goals before Ames made the final Crimson goal at 9:47 of the third period. Cornell added its ninth goal early in the and sloppy fourth period, making final score 9-4.

Three Quick Goals

Three Quick Goals

Three Quick Goals