Pusey Names Gunness New Aid Director

By James C. Ohls

Peter K. Gunness '57, assistant director of Admissions and Freshman scholarships, has been appointed director of the College's Financial Aid Office. He succeeds Wallace McDonald, President Pusey chose last month to coordinate the University's program for research in international affairs.

As director of the Financial Aid Office, will administer the $3.5 million financial aid which Harvard awards as loans, scholarships, and student jobs. He will also serve as secretary the General Scholarship Committee, which awards University-wide scholarships and followships.

No Major Changes

Gunness said last night that he plans major changes for the College's financial aid system. "The most important thing we'll do," he said, "is to conduct to see how effective our efforts have been in the past few years. There been a tremendous build-up in the and we want to find out just at has resulted from it."

Since McDonald became director of office in 1953, the amount of financial assistance awarded annually has more doubled. Gunness predicted that funds may continue to increase because of government grants. "Several important programs have been proposed Congress," he said, "and we'll be very closely to see how things ."

PBH President

As an undergraduate in the College, served as president of PBH and an Ames Award at graduation. He worked for two years in the Bureau Study Counsel while completing work Master's degree in Teaching in 1959.

No Major Changes

PBH President

No Major Changes

PBH President

PBH President

PBH President