Varsity Runners Win All 18 Events, Maul Defenseless Dartmouth, 133-21

Well, it was bound to happen.

The phenomenal track team won all 18 events--sweeping six of them--against Dartmouth in the Stadium Saturday, and wound up on the top end of a 133-21 score.

"I don't suppose we've ever won them all before," Coach Bill McCurdy commented after the shelling. "At the least, you can say it's unusual."

It's unusual. The two surprise victories came in the javelin and the 440-yard relay. Walt Cambell came up with the best throw of his career--194 ft., 6 2/4 in.--to top teammate Tony Kilkuskie and favored John Worland of Dartmouth in the javelin.

In the sprint relay, Darrell Watts and company posted their best time of the season. 0:43.6, and coasted to victory when a Dartmouth runner fumbled the baton.

No Sweat

The other events were no sweat. Running despite a cold, Wayne Andersen took the 100 in a cool 0:09.8. Sam Robinson won the 220 (0:21.5) and the 440 (0:48.9).

Aggrey Awori also registered a double with his wins in the 120-yard hurdles (14.2) and the broad jump (22 ft., 1 in.). It was the first time this spring that a Crimson jumper managed to top the 22-ft. mark.